Monday, July 1, 2013

Back home in Momma's Arms!

Ashlynn came back home today at noon. The person she stayed with is kind of in denial about the whole situation. I'm just hoping she didn't have any flare ups while visiting with his family. Her eye today looks a little more rough. The eye lid appears swollen, and the eye itself is dilated for no apparent reason.

Ashlynn was very animated today, giggling while eating her nachos with Mamaw Caudill. She is very adamant that she wants to see her Papaw and Mamaw now. While having a pretend phone conversation with Mamaw I noticed a small lisp to her "R". I doubt that is from her condition but, it scares me all the same. I'm pretty sure everything scares me right now though.
I've come to the conclusion I'm facing depression. My moods are so abnormal, I feel my feelings jumping around like little marbles on a trampoline. Everytime I look into her small beautiful face I find myself asking God.."Why?"

I've always noticed something different about Ashlynn. My pregnancy was rough, I ended up on bed rest for the last month of it. I blamed it on the stress I was going thru. Ashlynn was the greatest blessing ever sent my way but, unfortunately at the time not everyone looked upon it like that. When Ashlynn was 6 months old I started to notice she didn't want to roll over or put any weight on her legs. Most babies will jump in a jumperoo...Ashlynn thought it was amazing to make it fly all over without ever putting her legs down.
At 12 months Ashlynn still had difficulty rolling over, she did not walk or crawl. She was slowly managing a butt scoot across the living room. She also did not say any words and cried for all her needs to be met. I called our local Early Intervention and had Ashlynn admitted to the local Physical Therapy Department. Ashlynn officially walked on August 2nd, of 2012, at 18 months old.

Today Ashlynn scores at a 3 month delay in only her self help skills and gross motor skills. She is actually advanced with her fine motor skills and cognitive thinking. She can put a puzzle together so fast, it amazes me. Her favorite activities involve water, the park, and going for a ride sticking her hand out the window. Her favorite foods are frenchie fries, cereal, watermelon, apples,and chocolate milk. She says "Please, Thank You, Your Welcome, and Excuse Me" whenever necessary and without cue.

My life quote that I will share with all of you is "A wrong turn can lead you to paradise." At this point in time I'm waiting for that newest fork in the road.

I also leave you with
“There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.”
 Epictetus

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are being honest with yourself about your feelings, that will help a lot.

    Ashlynn truly is a blessing isn't she."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie. Ashlynn is an amazing blessing. While sorting thru my feelings I'm finding that I need to do it a little bit at a time. Otherwise it is such a monumental thing that I back log and have to restart all over again. Just have to remember a step at a time will slowly get us by.

    ReplyDelete